Monday, July 28, 2008

Trading Waterbeds For Rain Clouds

I’m a people watcher. I love to just sit and watch the world go by. Recently after watching the world and people, I find myself thinking more and more of heaven. The pain I see more frequently drives me to hope for something better. Everyone has different views on what heaven is like. Some say it’s a place that’s always bright with little angels playing harps all day. Others say it’s a place where you get whatever you want- kind of like a magical wonderland or something. To me that never really was how I saw heaven. A friend of mine once said that when he gets to heaven he was going to sleep on a rain cloud like it was his waterbed. I tend to analyze statements and usually they end up meaning something to me that they never meant to the person who said them. To me this statement is my perfect description of heaven. Allow me to explain… when I think of rain I automatically think of storms; and figuratively speaking the storms in my life. Now, when I picture heaven I picture a place where I can comfortably lie on top of all my problems and pain and storms in my life in confident happiness. I can just picture lying there with Jesus, laughing and learning. Just seeing his smile and hearing the trickle of the water in my rain cloud resound- It was worth it all. To me, that’s what heaven is… learning, loving, laughing, understanding.






Matthew 13:10-12 (the message)
The disciples came up and asked, "Why do you tell stories?"
He replied, "You've been given insight into God's kingdom. You know how it works. Not everybody has this gift, this insight; it hasn't been given to them. Whenever someone has a ready heart for this, the insights and understandings flow freely. But if there is no readiness, any trace of receptivity soon disappears

No comments: