Monday, July 28, 2008

Like Bananas

I was in Cox farms the other day... you know that fresh vegetable/organic food store in Duncanville... and I noticed the bananas were almost gone. I guess I came in right before they restocked. Anyway, I was looking at those bananas and I thought to myself... I wonder why no one picked those bananas? Don't ask why this thought popped into my mind, but it did. So I decided to look a little closer at those bananas. As I looked at those 5 bunches of forsaken bananas I realized something. In all those bunches there were two or three bruised or rotten bananas in each bunch. No one wants to buy a bunch that isn't nice and ripe right? I think that's how it is in our friendships/relationships. Just like one bad banana ruined the whole bunches chance of getting picked... one poorly chosen friend or hurtful relationship can affect all your relationships. I don't think it should be this way... but it is. I mean all the rest of the bunch is good right? I find that when I get hurt or betrayed once then I refuse to trust anyone anymore. It's kind of stupid really. I mean what if Jesus did that. All of His friends left him at the time He need them the most, and then when some one asked His best friend about Him he was like, “No way! You kidding me I don’t know Jesus!” What if Jesus gave up there? What if He refused to allow any relationships with Him? Where would we be? How alone and helpless would the human race really be? We need that. We need that amazing friendship that overwhelms us at every moment of the day. This friendship is what every friendship should be modeled after… live, love, laugh, and forgive.





Ecctisiasties 4:12a (the message)
By yourself you're unprotected. With a friend you can face the worst.

No comments: