Monday, July 28, 2008

Jesus- Smack Dab in the Middle

Today I met someone. We are just going to call him “Caiaphas.” Caiaphas is probably one of the biggest jerks I have ever met. He’s one of those people that walks around thinking he is better than everyone else and trying to convince everyone else that his way is the best way. He has this condescending look, you know that look? Well, he gives it to me every time he sees me. He hates me. I know why too. It’s because when he looks into my eyes he sees confidence and freedom, both of which he hates because he fears them. It used to bother me… but not so much anymore. It doesn’t bother me because I realized something. I realized that all his hatred and his bitterness and his illusions of superiority hurt no one but himself. He has no power over me because he has no power to destroy me. I stand covered in truth and wrapped in the arms of grace and mercy and nothing can change that. What he thinks of me doesn’t matter. What he thinks of my “feeling-oriented” faith really doesn’t matter. See, because my faith isn’t about him (unlike his faith) it’s about the man named Jesus that saved my life. So, Caiaphas, find someone else to pick on!

No comments: