Monday, July 28, 2008

A Talk With My Pastor

ME: Can I ask you a question?
BRAIN: Bring it.
ME: Is it wrong for me to be fed up with Christianity?
BRIAN: Of course not. Probably a very natural response for where you are right now.
ME: I don’t even know where I am. I’m just so fed up with the academic, putting a box around God, religion I am seeing more frequently.
BRIAN: Frustrations are a good thing. They force us to do something – something different. Sounds like God is preparing you for something unique and different
ME: That's a little scary. Do you ever get tired of Christianity?
BRIAN: Everyday.
There have been times of greater frustration than others. One of those was prior to the start of the Saturday encounter. The second, prior to the start of the Sunday encounter. Others? – prior to the start of the men’s Whatburger mornings and 9 events.
Frustration and dissatisfaction are indicators of the God-part of you not being happy with where you are. He uses that to push us to something new.
ME: You think he's pushing me?
BRIAN: Seems pretty obvious.
ME: You know it would be alot easier if He just told us where he was pushing us but it seems like He always has us blind folded and disoriented... that scares me
BRIAN: Vision in the kingdom is not by sight, but by faith. It is frightening at times, but also terribly exciting, challenging, and rewarding.
ME: Maybe it's like when you go really high in a swing and you get that weird feeling in the pit of your stomach that is a mixture between fear and exhilaration and then you jump off and you feel completely vulnerable as you’re flying through the air and then you hit the ground runningBRIAN: Told you it was obvious.

No comments: