Monday, July 28, 2008

detrevnI samtsirhC

I hate Christmas; as sacrilegious and scrooge like as that may sound it’s completely true. I hate the fact that if I go into Wal-Mart to get some milk I have to wait in line for two hours while hearing the rude and inconsiderate shouts of unsatisfied customers that are being (unlike the rest of us) so inconvenienced. I hate seeing people that can barely afford to put food on the table feeling obligated to buy presents for everyone and their dogs. I hate hearing the Christmas songs that have nothing to do with Christ everywhere I go. I mean really if we’re celebrating Christ how about we sing some worship song about HIM! I hate seeing the commercials telling me to buy more and more and more stuff. I hate hearing people on the news say that their Christmas was “stolen” because someone destroyed their Christmas lights. Is that what Christmas is about now… pretty lights? I hate turning on a Christian radio station that is supposedly “keeping the Christ in Christmas” and only hearing Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Jingle Bells. I hate seeing people that thumb their noses at God everyday come to church because they feel like they have to. I hate seeing Christians so focused on the fact that people are saying “Happy Holidays” instead of “Merry Christmas” that they forget the whole meaning of the word they’re fighting for! Christmas in its purest form is a celebration of the gift that God gave us so that we could have an opportunity at life. It’s not about the presents or the decorations or even the word “Christmas.” It’s about praising our Savior. That’s why I hate Christmas. I don’t need a holiday to dictate when I celebrate the phenomenon that is Jesus Christ; because that purpose is the same purpose for every minute of everyday of our lives. It’s what we were created for. It’s not about one magic day of worshiping Christ, it’s about a lifetime of passionately living for that little babe that took on the world for us.





John 1:14 (the message)
The Word became flesh and blood, and moved into the neighborhood. We saw the glory with our own eyes, the one-of-a-kind glory, like Father, like Son, Generous inside and out, true from start to finish.

No comments: