Monday, July 28, 2008

Most Loved Speck

Today I went and saw Horton Hears A Who with my youth group. It was really a great little movie for kids and adults. As most people have probably figured out by now I don’t see things for just what they are; Jesus is everywhere and let me tell you Jesus was in Horton Hears A Who. If you haven’t seen the movie it’s about an elephant name Horton that hears a voice on a little speck of dust. Well Horton get all excited about it and starts telling everyone about this speaking speck. Now, there is this snotty little kangaroo that is kind of the leader of the jungle where Horton lives and she does not like the fact that Horton is “corrupting the children” by telling them lies that make them use their imaginations. So, she tells Horton exactly what she thinks. She tells him that when it comes down to it if you can’t see it, can’t feel it, or can’t hear it then it’s not real. That’s funny… I’m pretty sure I’ve heard that somewhere before. How about every time I go to a science museum or turn on Arthur or maybe even take a trip to a historic site. I hear it every time I try to explain my God to people that simply can’t accept Him. I’ve heard some Christians try to explain God by saying, “well what about the wind… you can’t see the wind but you can feel the wind just like we feel God.” NO! I disagree. You don’t feel God you experience God. He’s like true love. Love isn’t a feeling; love is an experience that pushes you toward action and moves you to do things that you would never do on your own. Love ruins life as you know it… a good ruin. It’s earth-shattering and mountain moving, and it makes people say. “Wow, they really love each other!” That’s what God is; God is love. I can’t see Him, I can’t hear Him, I can’t physically feel Him, I can’t even explain Him, but He’s real. He’s a dangerous, life ruining, imagination invoking, mind shattering, rule breaking God and we are the most loved speck that He protects.




Psalm 145:3 (NIV)
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no-one can fathom

No comments: