Monday, July 28, 2008

My List

I’ve been really frustrated with guys lately. It’s probably because I’m single and I watch too many movies. It seems like all the guys that are right for me I can never be with. I was talking to a friend of mine who was sharing with me a list she wrote when she was a senior in high school and it inspired me to write one of my own.

1- He has to love God more than he loves me or himself
2- He has to be able to be funny and serious
3- He has to get along with my family even when I don’t
4- He has to let me cry on his shoulder even if I’m crying for no reason
5- He has to be level headed to even out my hot headedness
6- He has to be willing to sacrifice HIS dreams for OUR dreams
7- He has to have a smile that just makes me melt
8- He has to love me for who I am but constantly challenge my walk with Christ
9- He can’t be afraid to mess up and when he does he’s honest about it
10- He has to respect me
11- Our dates have to be as good as or better than my daddy-daughter-dates
12- I have to be able to trust him with my life and my heart

That’s my list. Pretty high standards I guess, but not impossible. My Uncle Rudy use to always tell me, “Girl, you don’t play hard to get; you are hard to get.” That is true and I hope one day a guy comes along that doesn’t mind a challenge.

No comments: