Monday, July 28, 2008

His Grace Is Enough

Last night I hit the bottom of my spiritual barrel and as I laid there on my kitchen floor shaking from the brokenness I felt everything I ever stood for crushed to dust and blown away by the wind. And you know, the thing is I knew it was coming. I ran from it for so long but I always knew it was chasing me. That point is scary. You feel so hopeless and out of control… vulnerability at its height. But here in this… this pit of failure… for the first time in my life God spoke to me. I don't think I'll ever really understand why he picked that time to do it… maybe it's because he knew that's when I needed it the most. I was lying there curled up in a ball just sobbing and I cried out, "God, help me!" Then there was this warmth. I mean I could feel his arms wrap around me and hear the whisper of "I love you." I didn't really understand, "God, I've failed you. How can you love me?" "Jess, you're going to fail that's why I give you my grace. My grace is enough. You don't need others approval or your pride or perfection; my grace is enough." His grace is enough. I just have to hold onto that. Thank God his grace is enough!






2 Corinthians 12:9a (the message)My grace is enough; it's all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness.

No comments: