Monday, July 28, 2008

Living Curiously

Currently I have been revaluating my life and the way I live it. With that comes alot of questions. I started looking at my faith and my God and wondering things. My quest through curiosity taught me some things. I learned that most people don’t like it when you ask tough questions. You know what I mean? Those questions that no one really knows the answers to; those ones that you're never really suppose to ask. Jesus loved the curious. He hung out with 12 of them 24/7! My two favorite are Peter and Thomas. I like Peter because he really thought he knew all the answers and then he'd open his mouth and Jesus would say "nice try....but no." I can relate to that. Just when I think I have everything figured out Jesus says, "Ha-ha...no...Keep learning." Honestly I think Jesus loved it when people asked the "tough questions." He didn't condemn them or tell them to stop, he ANSWERED them! That’s what it should be about. We ask, we learn, we teach. I like Thomas alot too. So often he's seen as the unbeliever in the group. But I think he's one of those curious people that Jesus says, "O silly, silly child." The disciples tell Thomas they've seen Jesus alive again and Thomas says "I won't believe it until I see it and feel it for myself." What does Jesus do? He honors the request. He quenches Thomas' curiosity. Thomas in turn proclaims, "My Lord, My God." This is Christianity at its height. I mean in order to know you have to learn, Right? So for me I will be like Peter and Thomas and continue to ask questions no matter how much people don't like it. And if when I find that people can’t answer me I will rest assured in the fact that I will always be able to say, “Rabbi, teach me.”







Proverbs 18:24 (the message)
Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding

No comments: