Friday, September 19, 2008

Growing Up and Letting Go

Growing up and shrinking down
Shrinking into a shell so as not to be found
So that I may find myself and be free
Freedom in the end is what I so desperately need

Sometimes the hardest part of growing up is letting go
Letting go, of control
Simply placing one foot in front of the other
Making sure my umbrella is out in stormy weather

I find peace more and more
In falling short
Short of others’ measure
Instead listening to the small voice that calls me “Treasured”

Never ceasing to stand up for what’s right
To constantly fight
The battle of purity
And eternal security

Making decisions of my own
Not by parent remote control
Leaving the nest
And looking to God for the rest

Just cut the strings
And spreading my wings
Flying no more
Learning to soar

Finding my power in weakness
Knowing that Satan is relentless
Remembering that God’s in control
And just letting go

No comments: