Sunday, August 17, 2008

Awesome God

College is very different. I’ve only been here for about 2 weeks and already I am finding out more and more about myself. I am a very selfish person. I want what I want without regard for what others may need. I’m also very hardened. I am so bitter towards church that I find all the faults without taking time to see any of the great things God is doing there. I am so very very lost. I didn’t feel very good last night so I was up pretty late with my iPod plugged into my ears. I turned on my worship playlist just to try and refocus myself. The song “Awesome is the Lord Most High” came on. It’s been a while since God was really awesome to me. The word awesome literally means to stand in awe of. So often I find myself looking at God as a convenient conversation topic or an understood personal belief, but awe was never there. I have missed God. He’s the Creator of the universe and of the smallest drop of dew. He brings life to the tallest tree and the smallest blade of grass. He is the hope of the most secure Christian and of the most lost renegade. He is GOD. He is AWESOME.




Psalm 66:5 (The Message)
Take a good look at God's wonder-- they'll take your breath away

No comments: